Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Goose Girl

She was born with her eyes closed and a word on her tongue, a word she could not taste. Her name was Anidori-Kiladra Talianna Isilee,Crown Princess of Kildenree,and she spent the first years of her life listening to her aunt's stories and learning the language of the birds, especially the swans. When she was older, she watched as a colt was born, and she heard the first word on his tongue, his name, Falada.



I love this book. A wonderful Fairy tale by Shannon Hale. I recommend it.

However, there are two other books in this series, Enna Burning and River Secrets. I don't recommend these. They have problems. The Goose Girl does not leave you hanging so you don't need to read the other two to know what happens. The other two books are merely about other people from The Goose Girl. Not about the main character , Anidori.

1 comment:

Ana said...

Oh, I remember you telling me about these books. :) I may have to pick up the first one ... when time allows. :)