I read the Curse of the Spider King by Wayne Thomas Batson and Christopher Hopper. It is without a doubt one of the best books I've ever read!
The back of the book says:
The Spider King's minions are crossing from Allyra to Earth to hunt for seven unsuspecting thirteen-year-olds, who are royalty from a foreign world. Stopped once by an ancient curse, the dark forces are determined to finish the job. The Seven's only hope for survival is a remnant of exiled Elves intent on restoring their kingdom- but can they be trusted?
Navigating the tangled web of the Spider King, the teens must make a perilous choice: Go to Allyra and face an uncertain destiny: or remain on Earth and risk the lives of the ones they love.
It was so exciting! I can't wait for the next book to come out! A part I really liked was that the Spider King sends spies to Earth and you know who those spies are? Spiders. Little spiders. The very ones that crawl on your ceiling at night. Oh! When I read that, I started to see spiders everywhere! And the very night I read that part I got up to get a drink of water ( I was reading in bed) I saw a spider crawling on the ceiling of the kitchen. I glared up at it and said, "Hello spider. You aren't going to try and kill me!" and I killed it.
This is a must-read book.
3 comments:
I like the last part about killing the spider, Cloe.
Ruth,
I know. It didn't have long to live.
*laughs* I will do my part in ridding the world of spiders.
Post a Comment