Thursday, January 14, 2010

Forest Born: By Shannon Hale

Forest Born is the 4th book in the Bayern Books.


1. The Goose Girl. (which I have said is a very good book.)





2. Enna Burning. (which I don't recommend.)





3. River Secrets. ( Which I again don't recommend.)





4. Forest Born. ( Which I don't recommend.....again.)





2. 3. and 4. are not very bad but there are parts in it that are not necessary. They are written for young adults so that might explain why these parts are in there.


But anyway the books are about people that find out that they have a "different language on their tongue." In the first one a girl can talk to wind. And in the second a girl can talk to fire. In the third a girl can talk to water and in the forth a girl can talk to trees. These are called The Gifts. One can talk to rocks, grass, and a million other things in the books. But one of the most dangerous gifts that the people in the books call The Curse, is people speaking. People speaking is where you can tell what people are thinking in their expressions and you can convince them that what you say, lie or not, is true. And there must always be a balance. If you have water and just water, you will end up drowning from the inside. And if you have fire and only fire you will end up burning from the inside. But if you have both water and fire there is a balance.

Well anyway, very good stories but unnecessary parts that stop me from ever reading them again.

1 comment:

Ruth Lopez said...

I agree with you. The first one is great, but the rest I wouldn't willingly read again. Although I like the second one.